The air conditioners have become an indispensable part of Indian lives over time. The humidity and the dry summer season have made the ACs integral to every home. Apart from helping us to stay cool in summer, this air conditioner offers effective ventilation in many households and maintains tolerable indoor temperatures. But which brand of AC should we buy? Which is the best AC in India? Let us explore here.
The best AC in India from leading brands
We all have realized the demand for air conditioners to stay comfortable indoors, but we are still unsure which AC brand to choose. The top AC brands in India are as follows.
- LG 1.5-ton dual inverter split air conditioner.
This highly functional and extremely durable air conditioner brand comes with an inverter compressor. Its dual inverters can adjust the air conditioner’s power depending on its heat load. The air conditioner is extremely energy efficient and also renders low noise operation.
- Whirlpool 1.5 ton 5-star split AC:
This is one of the most efficient and compact room air conditioners that enhances comfortable cooling by evenly distributing air. It ensures equal air distribution in every room corner with a click on the remote. It doesn’t require an external stabilizer. The appliance has an outdoor condenser unit, an indoor evaporator unit and copper tubes and pipes for its durability.
- Carrier 1.5 Ton 3 star AI flexicool inverter split AC
Carrier offers the best AC in India as it has a number of modern features in-built. It allows the users to switch between different appliance cooling capacities and optimises their energy consumption. It can withstand extremes of outdoor temperature to keep the home interiors cool and comfortable.
- Voltas 1.5 ton inverter split AC:
Voltas has Indians’ trust as the best room air conditioner as it has DC inverter technology in its appliances. This technology is capable of maintaining ideal indoor temperature, thus mitigating the consumption of power. It also avoids frequent on and off of the compressor, thus enhancing its life. There is no need for an additional stabiliser as well, owing to its low startup voltage.
- Blue star fixed speed split AC:
Blue Star offers the best AC in India that is capable of rendering expert cooling even during extremes of temperature. Its ACs have a pre-set mode that cools the room instantly during extremely hot weather. Its eco mode helps you enjoy comfortable cooling with low utility bills.
Things to look for in a room air conditioner
What was once a luxury is now a necessity for most Indian homes. Though most people consider buying an air conditioner to keep their family safe, choosing the best AC in India can also be equally confusing. Points to consider before buying room air conditioners are as follows.
- Air conditioners come in three different types, namely split AC, window AC and portable AC. Choose the right type of AC that is suitable for the room, as each of them has its own merits and disadvantages.
- Pick the capacity of the room air conditioner depending on the size of the room. Room sizes from 150 to 180 sq. ft require 1 ton AC, 180 to 250 sq. ft will require 1.5 ton AC, whereas room sizes from 300 to 350 sq. ft will require 2 ton AC.
- Energy star rating plays a major role in choosing the air conditioner. The best AC in India comes with a higher Energy Star rating. The higher the star rating, the lower will be the energy consumption of the appliances.
- Choose air conditioners with inverter AC over those that do not have inverter technology to save on energy bills.
- Look for other smart features in air conditioners, such as bluetooth compatibility, smartphone and voice assistant connectivity, etc.
- What is a dual inverter AC:
The dual inverter AC comes with a single cylinder and a single rotary compressor with variable speed. They make use of the BLDC motors with twin rotators. Owing to its twin-rotator design, it is easy to operate at wide frequency ranges. Dual inverter air conditioners offer better cooling with energy efficiency than normal ACs.
The best AC in India – our top pick
Carrier offers the best AC in India after partnering with Midea and offers innovative solutions in air conditioning systems. The carrier room air conditioners are available in different capacities, such as 1-ton, 1.5-ton and 2-ton, to meet the unique cooling needs of the family. The air conditioners from Carrier have the highest Energy Star ratings as well, to offer pocket-friendly cooling for the family.
Air conditioners have become a necessity in modern homes these days, especially for those living in hot and humid areas. However, it is important to choose the best AC in India from the leading brands, considering the additional features given in the buying guide.