Some people prefer to clean their dogs with just a hose or their own bathtub, while others prefer grooming tubs. If you are new to using grooming tubs and don’t know what to look for in a tub, or maybe you don’t know how to use one, you’re in luck. Here is all you need to know about grooming tubs.
What are Grooming Tubs?
Grooming tubs are tubs that are made for washing your pets. They come in a variety of different sizes, materials, and features. Grooming tubs can be used by both professional groomers and regular pet owners in their own home.
Using a grooming tub over a hose or a regular bathtub does have its benefits such as; having a designated place to bathe and groom your pet, so there’s less running around for supplies and less mess since everything will already be in the grooming tub area. All of this makes the process of grooming your pet much easier. However, you need to know what to look for in a proper grooming tub.
What to Look for When Shopping for Grooming Tubs
The important elements to take into account when looking for a grooming tub are:
- Tub Size: The important thing to go by when looking at grooming tubs are your pet’s height and weight. You want the grooming tub to be the right size for your animal, so that they can move around comfortably. However, it also has to be stable. You don’t want your precious baby slipping out.
- Storage: It would be best to buy a grooming tub that would be easy for you to store.
Accessories That Go With Grooming Tubs
- Leash Hooks: A leash is good tool for the “wiggle worm” type of pets. Everyone has seen a dog that just didn’t want to stay still in the bath. A leash hook will make it easier to clean the animal, without putting too much pressure on the neck.
- Detachable Hoses: Whether you’re cleaning outdoors or indoors, you want flexibility. Additionally, a detachable hose will also give you more range and enable you to get to those hard to reach places.
Other Important Things to Consider
- Features: A popular feature of certain grooming tubs is legs that raise the height of the tub. This makes it easier on the groomer and they won’t have to bend down as much.
- Materials: One of the most common grooming tub materials is stainless steel. It is a great option due to its ability to battle the rust caused by water. Plastic grooming tubs are also popular due to its lightweight and that it is easier to store.
Some pet owners might not think a lot about grooming tubs, but there’s actually more than meets the eye when it comes to them. Grooming tubs might not be for every pet owner, but every pet owner should at least consider them. They could make the task of bathing and grooming your pet a whole lot easier.